Thanks to the lurker who pointed us to this blogpost:
The Failure of Democracy
Let’s just take a look at some of these headlines:
What do you do if you’re opposed to paying more taxes and subsidising more corrupt green nonsense? What do you do if you’re opposed to anything the ‘Glorious Coalition’ government does?
You can’t do anything. Yes, you might say you could vote UKIP or BNP, but these will always be fringe parties. Perhaps if I actually believed in democracy myself I would be wasting my time in stuffy church halls stuffing envelopes with UKIP literature, but there’s really no point. Because whatever you do, the British government always gets back in again.
And here lies its problem. Because the British government has always been very clever at hiding itself behind the skirts of its political puppets, who wave blue, red, and yellow rosettes around every five years, to persuade us that ‘things are going to change’.
But now it is very obvious that nothing has changed. And that it is impossible for things to change. However you voted, whatever you did, you have legitimised this dreadful rotten government, which is already stuffed to bursting with cronies fighting over how they can help themselves to the pelf generated by more tax rises.
And they cannot be replaced. The only hope is that they self-destruct (which is likely). However, self-interest could still see them hold themselves together ad infinitum.
But fear ye not, pilgrims. This simply marks another nail in the coffin lid of democracy, as an idea which can be sustained with a straight face. We will see more and more turning their backs on the politicians and refusing to be their playthings. What we are witnessing is the gradual death of democracy as a relevant idea for the future of humanity.
What the Greeks knew, throughout the entire Athenian experiment with democracy, is that mob rule is volatile and dangerous. Which is why they abandoned the experiment so quickly. We should have learned from their mistake. And never toyed with this horrible form of government ever again.
May the next death of democracy be swift. It is happening before our eyes. Let us just hope that more than a handful of us can actually see it, through the lens of all the propaganda our schools shovel into our brains about how marvellous democracy is. Yes, vote against Trident and get a Trident-supporting government in place. Vote for inheritance tax cuts, and get a government in place which hates the wealthy. However you think, whichever way you vote, you get the ‘Glorious Coalition’.
The British government has never been so naked. Democracy has never been so visible as a sham.
It reads sweetly.
Essentially what is in front of everyone is a choice between Libertarianism and evil nonsense like Fabian Socialism and the myriad variants of collectivism.
Since socialism cannot produce prosperity and is completely contrary to human nature, Libertarianism is the ultimate destination since it is the only sustainable, just and reality based way of being for humans. As the state crumbles and ‘society’ does not completely break down, i.e. people start to realise that they do not need a ‘Health and Safety Executive’ to order them to conform in matters of risk, that if there are no speed cameras, CCTV, local councils, state grants and anything else that comes from the state, the sky will not fall – when this dawns upon them, the spell will be broken. Forever.
The problem is that many people do not know what Libertarianism is, and these people are Libertarians but do not know it. There is a small proportion of people in the population, like Ed Balls and the evil Milliband brothers who actively reject humanity and Libertarianism in favour of collectivist totalitarianism. What this small minority of sociopaths wants is in the end irrelevant, since economics is going to shut their foul dreams down. Remember too that most normally functioning and informed people are Libertarians; the ones that are not are either not normally functioning (violent sociopaths) or are not informed (believing that ‘capitalism is a con game’, capitalism is ‘$INSERT_FALLACY_HERE’, we need the government to license the exceptions etc etc).
And for the record, when I say ‘sociopath’ I really mean it. Look at this list of characteristics of sociopaths, and note how well it fits with the character of every New Labour politician:
- Glibness and Superficial Charm
- Manipulative and Cunning
- They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
- Grandiose Sense of Self
- Feels entitled to certain things as “their right.”
- Pathological Lying
- Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
- Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
- A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
- Shallow Emotions
- When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
- Incapacity for Love
- Need for Stimulation
- Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
- Callousness/Lack of Empathy
- Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others’ feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
- Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
- Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
- Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
- Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet “gets by” by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
- Not concerned about wrecking others’ lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
- Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
- Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
- Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
- Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
- Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.
Other Related Qualities:
- Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
- Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
- Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
- Conventional appearance
- Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
- Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim’s life
- Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim’s affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
- Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
- Incapable of real human attachment to another
- Unable to feel remorse or guilt
- Extreme narcissism and grandiose
- May state readily that their goal is to rule the world
Point of interest: in the 1830’s this disorder was called “moral insanity.”
Shocking isn’t it? All of these characteristics can be seen in any one of the New Labour politicians you would care to name, male and female, without exception.
These people really are insane and the longer they are able to control you, the worse off you are going to be….until now that is.
Finally, the end of the road for democracy is in sight. All of the money (the value created by entrepreneurs and productive people) has been used up, and the collectivist democracies are bankrupt. Sadly for places like Iceland, there are not enough people who have read any Rothbard, and they are going to replace their old, discredited and bankrupt state with a new one. It will not last long however, because all the other predator states will fall before they can entrench themselves.
Or maybe not? Who knows?
One thing is for sure; business as usual is off the table. New Labour has left a debt-bomb under every desk in government in the form of last minute contractual commitments that the coalition is going to have to defuse. This is the act of criminal sociopaths, and is just what you would expect from scum like Ed Balls.
There is no one in the world who has the capability to solve this problem. This problem is analogous to a ten mile wide asteroid discovered six hours out from earth impact. No force on earth, no combination of forces can fix this using the tools of Keynesianism and statism. They both have to die for everything to move forward, and that is the great breakthrough.
The money is finished. Its GAME OVER. No one is going to stand for being a mug in the greatest bank robbery of all time.
Your job now is to understand what is happening and to rid yourself of the fallacious ideas that brought everything to this sorry place in the first instance. Your job is to make sure that you do not do anything to prolong the agony of democracy. Your job is to survive and make sure that you and your offspring never become part of the problem.